From Bethlehem Car Works. Branchline/Atlas Blueprint Series passenger car kits feature prototypical paint schemes, accurate details and easy construction. Includes decal sheet to customized to one of several used by the Monon, Camp Canby, Camp Dix and Camp Meigs (Note: Photo is not the Monon kit.)
The 10 section - 1 drawing room - 2 compartment design was one of Pullman's 3 most popular sleeping car configurations with over 260 cars built to plan 3585 and its derivatives. After the 1948 break up of Pullman many of them were sold to various railroads nationwide, where they continued into service into the 1960's. These models feature correct air-conditioning parts and accurate paint, lettering and names.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
– Scale window glass and full interiors.
– Roof with appropriate vents and air conditioning ducts.
– Correct body details such as belt rails and rivet patterns.
– Full end details including coupler cut levers; air, steam and signal
lines and scale operating diaphragms.
– Correct air condition system [Ice Activated, Pullman (mechanical
or mechanical brine), or Steam Ejector]
– Full undercarriage details including brake piping and rigging,
generators, air tanks and steam traps.
Also includes metal wheel sets and Kadee couplers.